I know you’ve seen it. Probably more times than you care to recall. The buzz about drinking lemon water has been all over the place for a while now. But if you’re a pro internet skimmer like many of us, you’ve probably noticed the headlines about it a bunch of times, and left it at that. Right? The truth is, there is a good reason as to why you should be drinking it. Actually, lots of good reasons. The list goes on and on… but I threw together some quick points for you guys so that you can finally bite the bullet and just take a peek at what this obsession is all about.
Here’s the list of benefits I put together, in attempt to convince you that lemon water is cool.
- Tons of nutrients. Vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. Decreases the acidity in your body (if consumed on a regular basis) and removes uric acid in your joints. In other words – less disease and pain.
- Pectin fiber. This stuff will curb your appetite. Hello, weight loss.
- Digestive relief. Lemon juice works wonders for digestion. It loosens toxins in your digestive tract, and can relieve indigestion & all of its unwanted symptoms like heartburn, bloating, etc.
- Glowing skin. As the juice detoxifies your blood, you’ll start seeing the benefits through your skin.
- A healthy liver. Enhanced enzyme function = flushing toxins and stimulating your liver.
- Energy. It’s like a bit of espresso – but much better for you. And while it can make you feel energized… it can simultaneously calm your nervous system, reducing anxiety & depression! That’s cool.
- Fresh breath. Another good reason to drink it up first thing in the A.M.
- A strong immune system. No need to go grabbing boxes of that powdered Vitamin C stuff that makes me wanna vom to rescue you during cold season. Lemons are loaded with vitamin C and will have you feeling like a superhuman when your whole office is coughing and sneezing everywhere and you find yourself feeling perfectly fine!
This is just some of the good. I’m leaving it at this because I feel that it is sufficient for coercing you and don’t want you to want to punch me in the face for finally convincing you to read about this, when you’ve been dodging the subject for months, only to find that I went on a raving dork rant about lemons for 10 pages.
Just a few post notes of advice, for best results.
- Mix fresh squeezed lemon juice with warm water when you do this.
- Drink it before you have anything else to eat or drink in the morning.
- Let it work its way through your system for a good 15 minutes before you binge out on breakfast.
- Use a straw (preferably a glass one to avoid ingesting plastic junk) and suck it straight back to avoid enamel damage on your teeth from the citric acid.
- Buy a bag of lemons and juice em all. Keep your stash in the fridge. It’s not that fun to wake up and have to juice a fuckin lemon every single morning.
Add it to your morning routine, now. Cheers.