The Law Of Attraction. The belief that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, a person brings positive or negative experiences into their life. I started obsessing over this theory years ago, when I’d spent my High School years in a toxic relationship that resulted in day after day of grueling depression, then decided to move on right into another one! Yayyy!
Backstory: As a fresh-faced 14 year old freshman, I fell head-over-heels in love with a popular sophomore. Let’s skip all the bullshit and just say that for the next 3-4 years (yes, this even lingered on for a bit after he left for college) I loved him relentlessly while he “loved me too” but also loved being with 157 other girls, often times doing so right in front of my face. I’d say I spent 90% of those days either crying or trying really hard not to cry. It was a healthy bond. Finally, after visiting him a couple of times in college, I was a senior and decided enough was enough and I was going to move on if it killed me. Enter unhealthy relationship number 2! My High School was big. There were many people in my graduating class that I didn’t even know. This one guy I knew of, but had never really talked to, came and just sat down next to me at a basketball game and said “I want to take you to a movie.” Anddd that was that. I of course said yes and went on the date because I was free and doing whatever the hell I wanted. Who knew we’d end up being obsessed with each other and spend like every single day of life together after that? Anyway, that’s what happened. And what else happened is that shit downward spiraled faster and in worse ways than a child actor who is in one huge film and never works again. But naturally, I stayed committed to the relationship for the next 5 years.
My senior year of COLLEGE, I knew my current relationship was dangling by a thin thread. I had been ready to get out, had tried to get out, but was having a hard time staying out. And I was so sick and tired of it all. I started seeing a shrink. I began searching around for resources, advice, anything to help me grow stronger and find myself again. I read Eat, Pray Love (haha). Then stumbled upon 2 different books that would change my life. Eckhart Tolle’s “A New Earth” and Rhonda Byrne’s “The Secret“. This is when I first started to realize and believe that I held the power to make my life whatever I wanted it to be. Just like many things in life, this has proved to be one of those “easier said than done” sort of things. The thing is, being positive and creating the life you want isn’t something you get done. It’s something you have to try to do, every. single. day. And we are human. And life is hard. So sometimes (maybe a lot of times) you just don’t feel like slapping a smile on your face and singing about how beautiful everything is. You feel like sticking both middle fingers up in the air and kicking a tree.
What I want to do for you today is share with you some goodness that can help you to instill positivity, gratitude, love, hope, power, confidence, etc etc etc into your mind and body. We all deserve happiness and contentment in our lives. Can you imagine what an amazing world we could create if we all believed this and worked toward it? We need a major energy shift up in this planet!
We have so much going on in our lives, it’s so easy to fall into that negative head space and focus on all of our stresses and problems. Practicing daily mantras is a great way to redirect our brains and stay focused on the good shit.
This excerpt comes to you from gaia.com –
THREE MAGICAL MANTRAS
By using these Magical Mantras throughout the week you will:
- Retrain your brain to receive positive energy flowing towards you.
- Tune in to the abundance of the Universe.
- Bring joy to every aspect of your life.
So, now, if you’re ready, here are your three mantras to attract more love, abundance and success into your life. With your hands on your heart, repeat these three mantras throughout the week and feel their vibrational energy entering in your being:
- I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving harmonious and happy.
- I stay connected to and guided by my inner source.
- I am a magnet for joy, love and abundance.
Alternatively, you can permanently rewire your subconscious mind to accept these affirmations by listening to them in a deep meditative state with guided meditation.
I like these 3 simple mantras. They’re all-encompassing. I also love this list I found on mydreamsmatter.com –
- I AM ALWAYS PRESENT AND IN THE MOMENT.
- I AM OPEN TO RECEIVING AN ABUNDANCE OF WEALTH, HEALTH, AND HAPPINESS.
- MY LIFE IS MINE TO CREATE.
- I ENJOY LIFE. IT IS FULL OF ABUNDANCE AND BEAUTY.
- I EFFORTLESSLY ATTRACT EVERYTHING I NEED TO BE HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND WHOLE.
- I AM CONSISTENTLY PRESENTED WITH NEW OPPORTUNITIES AND SUCCESSES.
- I LIVE PASSIONATELY AND WHOLE-HEARTEDLY.
- MY WORLD IS FILLED WITH LOVE, ABUNDANCE, AND HAPPINESS.
- I DESERVE ABUNDANCE AND PROSPERITY.
- I MANIFEST ABUNDANCE WITH MY UNIQUE GIFTS AND TALENTS.
- I LIVE A JOYFUL, HONEST, AND FULL LIFE.
- I DESERVE TO LIVE A COMPLETE AND FULL LIFE.
- I PRODUCE FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE DOING WHAT I LOVE.
- I AM SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE WHO LOVE AND SUPPORT ME.
- PEOPLE RECOGNIZE AND APPRECIATE MY EXISTENCE.
- MY LOVE AND ZEST FOR LIFE INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE PEOPLE.
- I SHARE MY GIFTS GENEROUSLY WITH OTHERS. I ACCEPT OTHERS’ GIFTS WITH GRATITUDE.
- I’M KNOWN FOR MY POSITIVE ENERGY AND FULL OF LIFE ATTITUDE.
- I SEEK INSPIRATION AND MENTORSHIP FROM OTHER SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE.
- I LISTEN TO OTHERS WITH PATIENCE, COMPASSION, AND UNDERSTANDING.
- I COMMUNICATE CLEARLY, GRACEFULLY, AND PROFESSIONALLY.
- MY SUCCESS IS NECESSARY.
- I CONTRIBUTE A POSITIVE AND INFLUENTIAL PRESENCE ON THIS PLANET.
- I CELEBRATE LIFE AND BEAUTY EVERY DAY.
- I LIVE A FULL LIFE.
- I CREATE THE EXACT LIFESTYLE I WANT TO LIVE WITH ENTHUSIASM.
- I CHOOSE HAPPINESS, SUCCESS, AND ABUNDANCE IN MY LIFE.
- I CELEBRATE LIFE, LOVE, AND ABUNDANCE EVERY DAY.
- MIRACLES AND MAGIC SURROUND ME EVERYWHERE I GO!
- ALL OF MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE, RIGHT NOW!
- AND SO IT IS.
You can pick and choose ones that feel good to you, or just pull this list up whenever you’re feeling it, and go through them one by one. I will sit and repeat one to myself until I’m really feeling it. Sometimes I am saying a mantra and my brain is fighting back. So I just keep hammering away at it until it resonates. I fully realize that this idea may seem pretty ‘unconventional’ for some of you, which may make you uncomfortable or skeptical. But just think of it this way: you’re sitting around saying nice things to yourself. Can’t hurt, right?
Try it. Believe you deserve everything you want out of life. And receive it!